Time-series analysis is used in the following:
- Economic forecasting
- Stock-market analysis
- Demand planning and forecasting
- Anomaly detection
- And much more
- World Trade Organization does time series forecasting to predict levels of international trade.
- Federal Reserve uses time-series forecasts of the economy to set interest rates.
Used to predict demand, both overall and at more granular levels
- Amazon and other e-commerce companies use time-series modeling to predict demand at a product-geography level.
- Helps meet customer needs (fast shipping) and reduce inventory waste.
Particular kind of time-series analysis for detecting anomalies in time series
- Widely in manufacturing to detect defects and target preventive maintenance
- Now, with new IoT devices, techniques spreading to other machinery-heavy industries, such as petroleum and gas
Uso de la función de autocorrelación) –>